For when you’re feeling “Bleh.”
We all have those days-
When you realize either:
1. You have problems in your relationships
2. You’re not the person you want to be
3. Or you’re simply having a “Bleh” kind of feeling
Just Kidding, about that last part. But on a serious note, we all have those times- and if you haven’t had at least one of these feelings at some point, well then your’e probably an alien or a sociopath (No offense to the aliens or the sociopaths, of course) :)
So for those of you who HAVE dealt with these feelings from time to time, here is a list of –
10 ways to turn your life around- For The Better.
10. Take responsibility for yourself. Realize that you are where you are now in large part because of your attitudes and decisions. Once you have accepted that, take a moment to appreciate yourself, for better or for worse, and take the time to mentally affirm that you are the one in charge of yourself and your life.
9. So since you are in charge, you want to create the best life possible, right? Well, a huge part of that is actually BEING the best person you can be. Being your best includes first treating yourself and others with compassion. Be understanding with yourself and others, and people will do the same for YOU.
8. Take a leap out of your comfort zone. Never stay in a routine for too long- Do things that scare you, challenge yourself. You will be more upset one day by the things you didn’t do, than the things you did do. Be brave, even if that just means going to a social setting that isn’t your typical “scene.”
7. Take care of your body. Mental state is affected by physical state more than many people realize. So if you are sluggish recently, or if you eat “crap” all of the time, maybe it’s time to develop your health. Better physical health= Better mental health :)
6. Expand your mind. READ, find ideas, explore. There is so much to learn and so little time. If you are interested in developing yourself, keep learning so you can figure out exactly what you like and who you are (or want to be!)
5. If you have any lingering tension with anyone- or you simply “don’t get along” with a certain someone- Just drop it. Don’t put a single moment of your time/energy bad feelings towards someone. Be courteous to them and move on :)
4. Focus on what you have- Whenever you can’t stop thinking about what you don’t have, stop! Think about the things that you DO have. friends? Good Health? A supportive family? A nice body? Some kind of talent? If you focus on what you have and appreciate it good things are surely to come your way :)
3. If you aren’t already, try and be a good listener. People love to talk about themselves and be heard. So why not do someone a favor and be that open ear that’s so hard to find? It will develop your skills as a listener, and it will gain greater appreciation from your friends. Win- Win!
2. Ok this one is very important- THINK POSITIVE. If you don’t already, don’t stress. This takes time to develop, just like most other things. Have you ever heard the quote “Your thoughts become your words, your words become your actions, and your actions become your character. ” This is true, and if you want to be great, then think great. Think of things you love, and try your best too see what is good in yourself and other people.
1. The most important thing to remember is to make every situation that you are in a better one. Make the most of it all. Every day can be productive if you are helping yourself and others to feel special. After all, what’s more important than your happiness and the happiness of the people you care about?
Thank you for reading- I hope you have a WONDERFUL day :)