Hello everyone- Oh how I’ve missed blogging on here. This blog began as a bored night, became a hobby, then a class assignment and then just another deserted website site.
Well, i’m back, and back consistently. Lets say it again, 21Serendipity is back in business :) New posts will be every Wednesday. I will also be accepting suggestions for blog posts :)
Today’s suggestion was- How NOT to act on Social Media. Let me start off by saying that we’ve all done it- the selfie, the mirror pic, the bitch post. The self indulgent world that is internet socializing (Also known as “micro” blogging) offer us an opportunity to be ourselves- without anyone actually in front of us. Our online selves, are sometimes the selves that we would normally try and hide from others. Needless to say, this level of comfort is taken too far by some of our less mature online “friends.”
Oh, and by the way, i’m not saying i’m the perfect poster either. I definitely had a selfie as my profile picture last month.
This is how NOT to act on Social Media-
10. Ladies, don’t talk about how many guys hit on you. Once in a while i get it, but more than twice a week is enough to make me unfollow you- or just keep following you so I can roll my eyes at your self-indulgent posts. Ah, i’m glad I got that one off my chest.
9. Don’t inadvertently talk bad about your friends on twitter. I know, I know, sometimes you just want your frienemy to know how much they suck, but here’s the catch; When you post about them, most of your online friends usually don’t even know it’s about them, BUT they do know that you are being kind of a psycho.
8. Two words: Mirror Pics. Actually, three words: NO MIRROR PICS :) You know that though, right? :)
7. Don’t bad mouth your ex. If you don’t understand why, i’ll let you know here. When you do that, it tells them and the whole world NOT that you hate them, but instead…that you miss them terribly.
6. If I were you, I would edit your “about me” if it says anything about “Dancing in the rain,” “Dancing like no one’s watching,” or “Well behaved women rarely make history.” Why the first two? Well, because everyone’s heard that quote a bazillion times. Why the last one? Because Marilyn Monroe didn’t actually say that, a woman names Laurel Thatcher Ulrich did. Oh, and not to mention we’ve all heard that quote a trillion times too.
5. Adding on to #4, In general, overused quotes and cliches take away your unique appeal. You want to be different, right? :)
4. Dudes, if I see a picture you took of your own abs, it pretty much negates the fact that you even have them. I think most women agree. The exception: Workout Log posts, anddd Channing Tatum.
3. It can be endearing when you occasionally post a pic of your extra cute outfit or awesome hair day- key word being: Occasionally.
2. Negative posts are fine- but when EVERY post is just you bitching, i’m thinking…wow, whaddabitch.
1. Don’t ever set your relationship status as “it’s complicated” Want an explanation? I can’t give you that. It’s complicated.
Oh, and unrelated question: Can I get an Amen on this Meme?
Thanks for reading. Hope you have a fantastic, Wednesday, and of course, Thursday (aka; Valentines Day.) See you next Wednesday evening, and oh, happy posting :)