We all want it. A beautiful bedroom. Websites such as Pinterest flood our minds with BOOKOOS (did I spell that right?) of ideas.
Personally, I ain’t got time for that. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
The list below gives ideas on pretty-ing up your space for less that 5$ or free.
1. If you have old Christmas lights-use them. A great way to change moods within your room is to have good control of your lighting. I literally found Christmas lights in the backseat of my car (how the hell they got there is beyond me) and now I use them for night lighting. My Style of use– I wrapped my lights around a sheer fabric and draped it over my bed. It’s quite pretty.
2. Have any antique or old fashioned styled suitcases or boxes? You can use these as a pretty drawer on display. You can put old books, lingere, socks, accessories or whatever else you find appealing into your antique suitcases or box. Don’t have any antique ones? That’s fine- your everyday ones can look good too. My style of use- I use my red antique suitcase as a lingere drawer.
3. Have curtains that just hang there? Personally, I got tired of darkness and unnatural lighting. If you don’t have a curtain holding hook on the wall (there has got to be another word for that) then take ribbon and tie it around the middle of your curtain. It lets the light shine through, it’s easy to untie, and its presh. My Style of use- I braided a soft pink ribbon and a beige ribbon together and tied them around my curtains.
4. Are you a candle person? Melted/melting candles can be used as a homey decoration-giving your room a lived-in feel. My Style of use- I have antique candelsticks holding two very drippy candles.
5. Get some things hanging. Nails at Wal-Mart cost 2$ for a pack of around 10. When hanging remember, small walls take small pictures and big walls take big ones. My style of use- Besides my array of pictures, I have an antique (what is it with me and antiques today?) dress hanging from a fancy hanger on one of my medium walls. Pweeetyy.
6. Have a favorite song, poem, monologue or exerpt? Type it up (make it look nice using font, colors etc.) and frame it. My Style of use- My sorority has a poem “Sigma Kappa is…” that I will soon be displaying in a large picture frame on the wall.
7. Your bed is the most important part of your room. Layering blankets can give your room an image of luxury. My Style of use- I throw my prettiest blankets at the lower half of my bed. I then put my pillows on the wall side, instead of at the head of the bed.
By the way, here’s a pretty room using the bed lighting I was talking about.
Happy decorating, girlies!